Adding Peach?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
Okay so I have a crazy idea of adding peach to a porter. But I dont really know when would be best to add them, and ontop of that, what do I do with the peach? Do i slice it and add to secondary, or peel it and add peel to secondary or at flame out? :rockin:

Don't cook it. Also, you are going to have to use a TON of it. Peach is super subtle and barely came though in the peach wheat beer I made. So to get it to carry through in a porter you are gonna have to use 3x as much as you think would be reasonable.

One recommendation that I have not tried personally but have heard Randy Mosher say, Apricot is much stronger in flavor and has more peach flavor than actual peach.

I have an idea, but I have not tried it, so you're on your own for experimentation.

I am sitting at my desk enjoying a lovely Peach tea by Stash. I have been sipping and debating cutting open some tea bags and throwing them in to the boil.

Worth a try?

I have an idea, but I have not tried it, so you're on your own for experimentation.

I am sitting at my desk enjoying a lovely Peach tea by Stash. I have been sipping and debating cutting open some tea bags and throwing them in to the boil.

Worth a try?

Interesting...
Could be worth a try, maybe do that at the end of the boil, then use less fresh peach in secondary. That way you get that great tea spice flavor plus the peach built in :cross:

I just racked a ginger peach wheat to my secondary. I added a box of Revolution ginger peach black tea at flame out. Smells great... I will let you know how it is in a few weeks.

So if I add peach tea to the end of the boil, should I just put frozen peachs (that have been thawed) into the secondary and rack over it? Will the alcohol content in the beer keep the bacteria at bay for a week or so?

Back