Shall I remove the Krausen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirec

Reaction score
Hi. A thick layer of krausen has appeared on my lager 48h after W34/70 have been pitched. temp : 53.6 F (12C). Shall I remove the krausen?

Thanks

No leave it be, should fall back in a week or so. It should also be a lot cleaner/whiter looking than your top ferment ales too

worksnorth said:
No leave it be, should fall back in a week or so. It should also be a lot cleaner/whiter looking than your top ferment ales too

I agree, that happens with mine too. I brew mostly heffewiesen and it explodes in the first few days. After a week it drops down and at about ten days or so it will be just right. My name is Jake, been looking for some local home brewers to connect with. PM me if you want to bounce some ideas off of someone.

many thanks. I have another question. I am planning to go secondary, however I am not sure if to do the DA rest before racking into secondary and lager OR to rack first, do the DA rest in the secondary and lager. Wont the dead yeast in case of the first option do any harm while DA rest?

Latest posts

Back