Your kidding, Right.. Nothing is that easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbeckett

Reaction score
Got my AHS Root beer kit about a month ago and got too busy to mess with it at the time. Things have slowed a bit, so I decided to give the Soda kit a whirl. After doing my Beer brewing sanitation routine I got out the instructions and in about 20 minutes it was in the Keg on the way to a sparkling yeast carbonation. Too easy, If I had known how quickly soda goes I would have found the time earlier. This batch is for SWMBO for all of the stuff she does for me. Love that Momma!!!! Let ya know how it tastes in a few days after I hook the gas up to push it into the glasses.
Wheelchair Bob

No it really is that easy.

Keeping it carbonated well while serving brings it's own challenges, though.

CO2 on the gas in line will eliminate that issue. That is the main reason I went ahead and pitched it in a Corny. I'll let it naturally carbonate for 3-4 days, then hook it to the gas and call it good. Hopefully I can keep the pressure low and still get a good fizz when Momma draws a good ole mug O' Root Beer. Since I have been unable to get to my shop to work on my brew rig I just used one keg while I finish the controller and sheet metal work on the tower. Then I might need to look into a manifold and some additional Pin Locks to hold the different concotions I plan to make...
Wheelchair Bob

Soda takes a freakload of carbonation to create any fizz.

That is the PITA with soda. You have to keep it carbed with roughly 3 times the pressure of beer.

You won't have to hook up gas to push it if it has any fizz.

Back