Movie screwups

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inodoro_Pereyra

Reaction score
So, I was watching "Inception" last night, on DVD.
In he first moments of the movie, one of the characters checks his watch. There's a close up of the watch...upside down.

Today, I was just watching "Executive Decision" on Spike. In the face off between Abu Jaffa (the bad guy), and Dr Grant, in the passenger cabin of a 747, he sprays a lot of bullets to the front of the cabin, killing both the pilot and co-pilot. A 747 cabin is on top of the passenger cabin, not in front of it.

What are the movie screwups that caught your eye?

In the Fellowship of the Ring, near the end, arrows keep on teleporting in and out of Boromir's chest. Editing flukes.

In Ocean's Eleven Brad Pitt is talking to Matt Damon and eating shrimp cocktail off a small plate. The scene cuts and returns and now Brad is holding a glass bowl of cocktail shrimp. I get a kick out of it whenever it's on TV.

Loads of continuity errors in the 1989 Batman. The destruction of paintings in the museum are the most glaring. Not an actual error, but using Chicago made The Dark Knight feel wrong after Batman Begins.

Movies are loaded with continuity errors. The non-linear nature of shooting schedules makes it pretty inevitable that something will slip through.

Pearl Harbor....all the new ships being blown up. Missle cruisers and such.

Aparently in the shot of the first pilot to come over pearl habour there is a monument on the hill. The monument was erected to commemorate the attack and is in the exact spot where the first pilot came over pearl habour. Probably need to find it to back up my crazy story ;)

Edit: Link http://www.moviemistakes.com/film964?singletype=revealing

In the Fellowship of the Ring, near the end, arrows keep on teleporting in and out of Boromir's chest. Editing flukes.

When Aragorn is kneeling over him and Boromir is dying, Boromir's hand is on Aragorn's shoulder in one perspective, and another location in the other perspective...

Some general ones... everytime that a character with a gun points it and it sounds like the gun is cocking. Also, grenades do not blow up in huge fireballs.

In General when someone brandishes a gun and they have to cock it for effect. But they do it several times in a row... Just something that pisses me off.

Oh, and when Travolta and Cage point guns at each other but never pull the trigger in Face Off. Obvious blooper...

In Seven the scene where Brad Pitt runs up to the car in the rain it's only raining on 1/2 the set.

An old favorite gaff that I noticed comes from Rosemary's Baby. In one scene in the bedroom the ticking of a clock is there to build tension. The camera pans past the clock and it's electric cord.

It's interesting that the Star Wars one is considered a screw up. It is probably true that directors normally take that stuff out. But it's not unrealistic: why wouldn't a Storm Trooper bump his head once in a while?

In the movie "Wanted" you can hear this dialog:

Sloan: A thousand years ago, a clan of weavers discovered a mystical language hidden in the fabric.
They called themselves themselves The Fraternity.
…..../......
Wesley: Binary code? What does it say?
Sloan: It's a name. A target.

Binary code was introduced in the 17th century. The only older example of it was in the Chinese I-Ching, unknown to Europeans 1000 years ago.

When Sloan hands Wesley his "kill sheet", you can see the code used is an 8 bit code, but the first bit is always "0", leaving, in reality, a 7 bit code. The first 7 bit binary to text code was ASCII, developed in 1963.

It's interesting that the Star Wars one is considered a screw up. It is probably true that directors normally take that stuff out. But it's not unrealistic: why wouldn't a Storm Trooper bump his head once in a while?

Because they are to awesome to.

In the movie Titanic, remember that fancy pearl handled gun? It is a 1911A1, an improved version of the 1911 that didn't come out until 1926, 15 years after the Titanic sank.

Near the end of the first Harold and Kumar movie they are driving through the trees at night. Two seconds later they are hang gliding in broad daylight.

Maybe they thought everyone would be too stoned or stopped paying attention and wouldn't notice.

In the movie Titanic, remember that fancy pearl handled gun? It is a 1911A1, an improved version of the 1911 that didn't come out until 1926, 15 years after the Titanic sank.

Ha, good catch!

In "Four brothers", Bobby (Mark Wahlberg) says his dead mother was 62. Then, when they're burying Jack, the camera shows their mother's grave, which reads "1939-2004".

In Goodfellas it shows Idlewild Airport 1963, the camera pans down to show Henry and Tommy leaning against a 1965 Impala.

In Battlefield Earth

They made the movie.

Worst screwup EVAR!

Hahahahah. :)

In "Four brothers", Bobby (Mark Wahlberg) says his dead mother was 62. Then, when they're burying Jack, the camera shows their mother's grave, which reads "1939-2004".
I actually liked Four Brothers, but there is one scene that always bothered me... At the end when they kill the bad guy in the middle of the frozen lake. Everyone drove there in cars... And then Mark Wahlberg comes walking up to the scene like he's a big BA, but how far did he walk?! It looks like he literally walked several miles, in the cold, on a frozen lake to get to them. WTF?

Hahahahah. :)

I actually liked Four Brothers, but there is one scene that always bothered me... At the end when they kill the bad guy in the middle of the frozen lake. Everyone drove there in cars... And then Mark Wahlberg comes walking up to the scene like he's a big BA, but how far did he walk?! It looks like he literally walked several miles, in the cold, on a frozen lake to get to them. WTF?

Yeah, I liked it too. It's a good movie.
And you gotta love a director that can even make Tyrese Gibson look like he can act...right?:D
But you're right. He walks a long distance, cold, in the ice and snow, and yet he still has the energy to kill the bad guy with one punch? That's Hollywood realism for ya...

Just finished watching "The Thomas Crown affair", another good movie.
After Katherine (Renee Russo) finds TC (Pierce Brosnan) with the blonde, she's seen in the street, standing under the rain. Her hair is wet, yet her coat is bone dry.
I wanna get myself a coat like that...:D

Back