World Class Beer Bar in New England

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtpro

Reaction score
For all those brewers in the New England area, I just wanted to post this as a heads up. There happens to be a hidden gem in western Maine called Ebenezers Pub. I go camping out there in the summer and play golf at Kezar lake, Ebenezers is right on the 7th hole.

We went for lunch for the first time this past summer and walking in I noticed signs stating awards such as "Best beer bar in the world -2008" didnt think much of it until I went in. They have about 30 Belgian beers on draft. And over 800 different brews in bottles, including trappist brews. I almost couldnt believe my eyes! Apparently this guy has one of the most extensive beer collections in the world, and in the most unlikely place. People go in and offer him huge sums of money for parts of his collection and he will politely decline.

Anyways heres the website, and if you ever get a chance it is well worth checking out.

http://www.ebenezerspub.net/

Nice bottle list. Taps are a bit normal for me (don't get me wrong, those are mostly amazing beers, but I think it lacks a good variety), but a good run for a bar that features the Belgian styles. There are some bottles there I would love to try.

Maybe we can run an exchange program, Ill go out to San Diego for a week and you can come up here and freeze your ass off. . .whilst drinking great Belgian beer of course :mug:

Back