Peanut Butter Cups Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nixon

Reaction score
This may sound weird to some of you, but it sounds delicious an hour before the end of the work day. What does everyone think? Also, at what phase would it be the best time to add the peanut butter Cups? During boiling or in the secondary? Also, how much do you recommend to get a nice sweet stout with a hint of peanut butter Cups?

Well there have been different methods to make something similar. I tried the Chocolate Covered Beavr Nuts Buying the PB2 with it. I've had mixed results it didn't really turn out like I've hoped. Granted it hasn't been the recommended 4 month conditioning either. I'm at 3 months had a few so far. I can't give a definite but I was hoping it turned out like a peanut butter cup taste.

Made the BEAVR Nutz as well. Turned out good. Needs more pb though. I am saddened that it has kicked. I would worry about all the processed crap found in PB Cups themselves and all the oils. The dry PB is not cheap but is de-oiled.

I've been looking for a beavr nutz style recipe but haven't had much luck. I may just get that kit instead.

Fortunately it is only a 20 minute drive to Midwest.

I used the 16oz PB2 and the 4oz cacao nibs, guests can only taste the chocolate surprisingly. Guests have liked the beer but I was hoping it came out closer to a pb cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the 16oz PB2 and the 4oz cacao nibs, guests can only taste the chocolate surprisingly. Guests have liked the beer but I was hoping it came out closer to a pb cup.

Give it some time. The peanut butter hides and develops a little over time. Do increase the PB though. It stays a little subtle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the fats and oils in peanut butter cups would really do some terrible things to the beer.

I haven't used it, but most people on here use pb2 for peanut butter flavor.

Then some lightly roasted cacao nibs for chocolate, and then even out the harshness with a half or so of a vanilla bean.

Just my suggestion, check out sweet baby Jesus porter by duclaw if you can find it

I would think the fats and oils in peanut butter cups would really do some terrible things to the beer.

I haven't used it, but most people on here use pb2 for peanut butter flavor.

Then some lightly roasted cacao nibs for chocolate, and then even out the harshness with a half or so of a vanilla bean.

Just my suggestion, check out sweet baby Jesus porter by duclaw if you can find it

I've seen a recipe using natural peanut butter that they skimmed the oil off of for several months, but I think pb2 looks to be the way to go.

I've seen a recipe using natural peanut butter that they skimmed the oil off of for several months, but I think pb2 looks to be the way to go.

I've seen the natural peanut butter too.. But it seems way more difficult. and I would put money on it that they still have a tough time getting a head to hold well.

Milk chocolate is also terrible for beers. I'm not a master chocolateer :) but I know it's got a ton of oil/sugar/non-cocoa things in it.

So while I would love some peanut butter cup stout right now, I think the way to make a good one is just put the flavors together separately from the malt bill and ingredients that won't hurt the beer. Fat free this way too!

Back