one day (vent)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bengerman

Reaction score
one day, i will get Pride of Raubsville (a la Bob) right.

first batch i had to sub hops, didn't have the right sugar, so made a totally inappropriate sub of brown sugar, added the accidentally added the flameout hops at 60 minutes and let the mash creap about 10*F high (stovetop BIAB)
(named this one the "Shame of Juanita")

second batch, i calibrated my thermometer wrong, so i mashed WAY high for basically the whole mash, ended up spot-on on the OG, but finished out at (gulp) 1.025.
(this one is not yet named, but i'm considering "Disgrace of Kirkland")

one of these days, i'll get this one right.
such a basic beer, and yet i always bless it up..

Revenge brewing is the best kind I'm about on my third Irish red revenge here and I feel your pain/love brother keep the passion, keep brewing

You're so good at renaming the screwups that I think you should consider scrapping the whole "getting it right" idea! LOL

Getting things right is way over-rated. Celebrate the muck-ups!

Yesterday, I succumbed to temptation and brewed outside instead of the garage. Was multitasking, stepped away for a while and found fifteen minutes later that my stove had blown out and the wort wasn't boiling.

Yesterday, I succumbed to temptation and brewed outside instead of the garage. Was multitasking, stepped away for a while and found fifteen minutes later that my stove had blown out and the wort wasn't boiling.

Oh No!! Is your beer ruined? You should ask someone.;)

the shame of juanita was pretty durned good.
and the bottling day sample of the disgrace of kirkland wasn't as sweet as i exected from the hydro reading, so we'll see.

i'm just so curious as to how this brew is intended to taste, given it's rave reviews.

Good idea...

Coming soon, "Oberon's Revenge"!

actually, brewing another batch of it tomorrow, but i'm subbing for hops on hand.

it will be "The Summit of Mt. Hood" (of course, assuming it doesn't get all wonky again, then i'll have to find a new name for it)

Well shoot. I was counting on 71% efficiency and I didn't get it.

I got 80%. I suppose this one will just be the pride of raubsville then.

Back