?? for the gearheads in the crowd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as it is a 12 volt battery, yes. Some are 6 volt though so read the battery 1st.

depending on the type of transmission you have you might be able to getting rolling and pop it into gear to get the engine started if for whatever reason you cant use the car battery. but that method isnt exactly good for any of the drive train parts.

depending on the type of transmission you have you might be able to getting rolling and pop it into gear to get the engine started if for whatever reason you cant use the car battery. but that method isnt exactly good for any of the drive train parts.

Tranny won't allow that. The damn thing died in the middle of mowing a couple weeks ago. Got a spark, it just wouldn't turn over. In my anger in trying to get it started, I inadvertently left the ignition on. I'm not sure it's the battery. I think the fuel line might be plugged, but I haven't had time to check.

It's time now. After mowing 1/2 acre that's on a hill with a push mower, I'm done with that.

I would get a charger. Those little generators on tractors dont do a great job of charging a stone dead battery.Those little batteries dont like to be charged at high amps they overheat and lose the acid. A good overnight charge at 2 amps will bring it back up if its still good .

Back