Edwort's Pale??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkslinger82

Reaction score
I have a 55lb bag of belgian pilsner....anyone ever try Edworts recipe with that grain instead of the 2-row? I would like to try this recipe but want to hear if anyone tried this before I go ahead and do it.

I was going to do that for my next batch of Edwort's - the last batch with Maris Otter was great, but I think it would work with Pilsner too.

I've never tried it, but I've been modifying Ed's recipe a bit. This weekend I did a batch with Maris Otter, Munich Malt and Target hops.

Modified, my *ss, you say! That's a totally different beer! Maybe, except it still keeps the same basic proportions and should make for a very drinkable (or, as Ed says, "quaffable") beer.

I've done it with Pils, also. Came out lovely. With Pils as your base, some will say you must boil for 90 minutes to eliminate DMS, but I use use it as a base for everything, and most have only been 60 minute boils, and I have not yet had a DMS issue. Take that for what it's worth.

Back