New Belgium Brewing Co. -Skinny Dip-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Wow!! Ive had this beer in bottles many times since it's release. Pretty good stuff! But last night I finally found a bar with this on tap and holy cow! This stuff is great!

IMO it is a light Fat Tire. Its very smooth and very drinkable. And the Fat Tire aftertaste isnt there in this one, it's very smooth and balanced in this beer. The chocolate and crystal malts are subdued just a bit, letting this beer go down very easy.

If you havent yet, this is a definite must try

We unfortunately can't get there stuff here. Not that I have seen anyways :(.

Sounds good though. You know it is intersting to see how beer differs on tap vs. bottled. I am under the opinion that a large part of that is because bottles respond more quickly to temperature change than a keg so I think it is probably easier to turn bottles bad quicker.

zoebisch01 said:
We unfortunately can't get there stuff here. Not that I have seen anyways :(.

Sounds good though. You know it is intersting to see how beer differs on tap vs. bottled. I am under the opinion that a large part of that is because bottles respond more quickly to temperature change than a keg so I think it is probably easier to turn bottles bad quicker.

well that, and kegs are usually kept refrigerated while bottles arent. Once the bottles are given to the distributor, who knows what kind of temps and light they are exposed to. Ive seen them sit in the warehouse for weeks at a time here in the desert which is far from ideal temps to store them at.

Chimone said:
well that, and kegs are usually kept refrigerated while bottles arent. Once the bottles are given to the distributor, who knows what kind of temps and light they are exposed to. Ive seen them sit in the warehouse for weeks at a time here in the desert which is far from ideal temps to store them at.

Yeah that too :D! hehe. We do have quite a few distro's here that keep it all under one roof, but the kegs move a lot faster usually anyways. *sigh*

I am thirsty for a beer now :)

Back