Not worrying, but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DD2000GT

Reaction score
So I got up early this morning to brew a American Wheat. Before the caffene really had a chance to kick in I had my mash water heating. Tweaking the recipe in Beersmith and I discovered I added an extra gallon to the mash water. I thought that mash looked a little runny...

Anyway, obviously I will sparge with a gallon less. But other than that - anything else to take in account if the water/grain ratio is more like 1.65 instead of 1.25 in the mash? I was planning on 153 degrees for 75 minutes.

Thanks -

Dan

Wow - great post - thanks! I use tap water so I threw a little extra 5.2 stabilizer in the mash to help offset what the grains would not be able to do naturally. I really didn't figure it would matter much that I was at a 1.65 ratio, but if there is something I would need to take into account I would rather know it now that my grains are mashing then when I sampled the final result ;)

Thanks for the quick reply bud.

Back