Rehab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellarbrau

Reaction score
I had an vision of sorts. One day I'd be drinking the best beer I'd ever tasted and I would realize that I made it myself. Better yet, I'd be able to make it again at little cost. Such a simple idea.

I had a moment of clarity some time ago. It occurred while I was brewing a triple decoction mashed wheat beer with peach and ginger roiboos. I struggled for hours. My mash stuck repeatedly. I was frustrated. I'd never had a wheat beer with peach and ginger roiboos. I'd never even had roiboos. Would I even like drinking it? I had forgotten why I started this hobby.

I went cold turkey for 3 months.

I just want to brew good beer and have fun. My goal is not to crack 1.2xx OG or 100 IBUs.

P.S. Last weekend I brewed a Pale Ale. 2-row, Munich, Cascade and Willamette. It was fun.

I just want to brew good beer and have fun. My goal is not to crack 1.2xx OG or 100 IBUs.

P.S. Last weekend I brewed a Pale Ale. 2-row, Munich, Cascade and Willamette. It was fun.

It's all I do. I have no desire to brew something I don't like and a brew less than 50 IBU's suit me fine. I like a bit of flavour and I don't have to be above 50 IBU's to get it.
Homebrewing is about what YOU want. Everyones tastes are different.

:mug:

Hello. My name is Moosetav, and I'm a brewaholic. I was just thinking last night while planning my trip today to the LHBS how much fun I have with this hobby. I was also thinking that there are so many levels of involvement, design, etc., that anyone who loves beer can get involved in this hobby one any level and have a great time. From Mr. Beer kits to DFH, it's all up to the individual brewer. Welcome back to the fold, brother.

I think being deployed for 6 months a year helps me love brewing that much more. I read up on things here, have brew books sent to me, and plan out what I will be brewing when I get back. The time away help, I agree.

Back