Great Christmas trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdub1782

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We just got back from our annual Christmas pilgrimage from just outside Chicago to the swamps of Louisiana to visit the folks. This is the first road trip down there since I really started getting into homebrewing about a year ago. Thanks to alot of advice and lurking on this forum I have gotten pretty good at it.

So I loaded up the truck with corny kegs of my house IPA and a new Pale Ale that I just brewed for the first time as well as 12 packs of an Oatmeal Stout and an Octoberfest that I bottled from the keg. (Thanks to the really expensive BierMuncher bottle filler!)

Since I was planning to go fishing and hunting in locations only accessible by small boats, I set the kegs up at home base (my parent's house on the bayou) and proceeded to fill up three 2 liter bottles with the Pale Ale and IPA. The deer camp had my Dad and cousin (who have sampled my beer) and a couple BMC drinkers. We ran out of my beer the first evening and I had to make a boat run back to home base to refill the bottles from the kegs for the next day. The BMC drinkers even liked the stout and octoberfest which was a surprise to me.

During our Christmas eve get together, one of the wives commented that this was the first time any of the guys ever returned from the camp with leftover beer.

The original plan was to bottle anything left over in the kegs to leave with my Dad, but unfortunately there was nothing left to bottle.

I would like to thank all of the contributors to this site for all the great advice and ideas that have helped me and many others fine tune our skills.

Back