too late to add bugs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam62cb

Reaction score
I recently made a relatively light wheat beer. I added around 10#s of fresh picked cherries to the secondary. THe beer is now kegged, chilled, and carbed. The problem is that the beer is just not that good. The cherries were probably not the best type as they left an overpowering cherry taste void or any sweetness or tartness which would have been desireable. I dont want to simply backsweeten or add cherry syrup.

My question is whether or not it would be too late to "re-ferment" this batch with some type of brett or other bugs? my ideas were to either make a very small batch or similar wheat beer, then mix together with what I have and then add bugs? or to possibly just add some type of clean fermentable sugar and re-pitch the bugs.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

i would say give it more time to mellow out in the keg. If a month in the keg doesnt work and you need room/need the keg then i would just dump it and call it a learning curve....or just learn to drink it once you get drunk and dont really care what it tastes like:mug: not really sure what to say about trying to add bug to it

never too late for brett/bugs. always a better option than forcing down a batch IMO

Back