Heart stopping.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceemone

Reaction score
I just dropped my 6.5 gallon glass carboy. I was cleaning it out in the bath tub, standing with it in my arms at waist level. Third rinse after soaking all day in oxyclean. It just slipped. My whole brewing life flashed in front of my eyes. The first little APA she saw.... That beautiful Kolsch. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That horrific clank of hitting the tub, her demise. But no... She lives!!!!!!!!! Bounced back, no worse for the wear. Tomorrow she will hold the third rendition of my house pail. Now it is she. She has a name. How could you not after being so resilient. I love her. My little FV. My tough little FV that has nurtured my much loved beer. It was heart stopping.

Lucky...I had this happen once, except when I dropped mine I slipped. It shattered and I ended up lying on my back amongst the remains of my shattered carboy. Barefoot. Getting up required stepping on the shards. So i named it motherfu@#&r, then i swept it up and never touched a glass carboy again.

Glad you are not injured.

Haven't dropped mine yet. Hopefully it stays that way. But I did bounce it off my countertop pretty hard once. I had everything cleaned up and was picking it up off the floor to put it on the counter. As I lifted it, the bottom corner of the carboy hit the edge of my granite countertop pretty hard. I immediately checked the whole thing all over for cracks or chips or anything that might render it unsafe. Nothing. I was elated. Until the next day when I discovered that I chipped my countertop. Then I was p!ssed.

No cuts, no scrapes. No cracked glass. I'm liking the name Carboy love. If only I could play the guitar

Latest posts

Back