Indoor Electric Vent Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsists

Reaction score
So I am still planning out my brewery for my basement build. I am wondering if I will run into any issues with my plan for venting the exhaust. I am planning on running a vent hood with an inline Vortex blower (449 cfm I believe) the only issue is, I have low windows in my basement. The exhaust exit through the window is going to be about 2-3 feet lower than the vent hood itself and then back up another 2-3 feet outside. Am I going to run into condensation issues at the low point of the vent system? Should I put a little drain hole inside at the lowest point? I was considering just drilling a exhaust hole outside but I have really thick lannon stone on the outside of my house that is a pain to get through so I'd like to get through the window that houses my dryer vent.

you will definitely have condensation. My window is marginally higher than the hood when in place and my blower is a straight shot to the window. My hood is portable so when I take it down, the condensation falls out. Mind you it's a fractional percent of the boiloff.

Back