Blog seeking article help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I am working on an article for Zymurgy's special Gadget issue. I will be posting my progress via the blog and would appreciate some editorial help.

I am adding the first draft of the intro here as a taster:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither practical nor necessary. But honestly, sense when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed!

"Gadgets" - for some of us the word is synonomous with "obsession". The very word gets the creative juices flowing and sometimes an idea comes along, sweeps you up and won’t let you go. My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?

For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods sowed the seeds of obsession, and so a quest was born.

Small changes:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither necessary nor practical. But honestly, since when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed! "Gadgets" - for some of us that word is synonymous with "obsession". My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods sowed the seeds of obsession, and so a quest was born.

More changes in BOLD below:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither necessary nor practical. But honestly, since when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed! "Gadgets" - for some of us that word is synonymous with "obsession".

My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods slammed me into the reef of no return, and so my quest for what is possibly the most impractical brewing gadget of all times was born.

At this point it is over the top. Hell, I'm trying to justify a conical for my mead. I have a long way to go for jacketed as well. I'll be interested to see the article.

Back