Recipe for Crown Valley's Antique Amber Lager?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobrewdude

Reaction score
I just had a 6'er of Cown Valley Brewing's Antique Amber Lager and loved it!

I'm new enough at homebrew that I'd be a mess trying to deconstruct this myself and their website doesn't list this specific brew except on the tasting menu so no help there either.

Does anyone have a clone recipe for this brew?

Lager is a beer style that will test your patience. I'd suggest using 6LBS light malt extract, .5LBS Special B
.5LBS Caravienne malt
1LB Biscuit Malt (Yeah go the entire pound it will compliment the other malts)

Good luck. For yeast I would use Safale S-23...Go 2 weeks at 50-55degrees then lager it cooler in the fridge in the low to mid 40's...for 3 weeks

You'll get a clean smooth tasting ale with all the desired lager properties you could possibly want.

Thank you Oldworld! Can all of those grains be steeped? I'm slowly gathering my AG equipment but not up and running for a full mash yet. I can easily do mini-mash with my current set-up though if necessary for those grains.

Any thoughts on the hops for this specific brew? Ive tried a few craft brews that taste 'dirty' to me and this particular beer does not have that flavor. I'm not sure if that taste comes from the hops or the yeast but I want to avoid it at all costs!

Back