two burners from one tank of propane?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Hey folks. How do I run 2 burners off of 1 20# propane tank? Is it possible?

When I got my fryer setup they screwed up and sent me 2 burners and 2 regulators!

:ban: :ban: :ban:

Wanna get my HLT going too but I my budge is currently $0 so no more toys :(
including that additional propane tank.

I suppose it will cost $ to adapt 2 burners to one tank though...

holy crap, that is as much as another tank. I did not even look. Oh well, HLT will have to wait a bit I guess.

What you really need to do is put those burners to work proper-like. Pick up some cheap/free bed frames and build yourself a brew stand. ;)

I'll get around to the brewstand eventually I am sure. Just want both burners going first.

I saw a fitting at walmart last week to put two taps on a tank. It was back in the camping section. I think it was about $10.

You could just cruise the neighborhood the day before garbage day, pick up the old style tanks, (the garbagemen in our town won't touch em anyway) and take 'em to Wal-mart to swap on a Saturday afternoon. They dont really care if it is the new (opd) or old style tanks.

I know a guy that has 4 full 20 lb tanks, one empty 20 lb, and a 40 or 50 lb tank he picked up this way. I'd, oops I mean He'd send ya an empty if you were close by...
P.s. he felt bad about it, but it was suggested to him (the swap procedure) by the receptionist at the local gas place when he inquired about what to do with his unrefillable pre-opd tank...
Norm
If you are unfamiliar with opd it is Overflow Protection Device and you cannot refill a tank without it, they have 5 pointed valves on top the new style have a 3 point valve handle

Back