Successful with cream cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richbrew99

Reaction score
Graduated from mozzarella and made an awesome batch of cream cheese. Next time will add some flavors like onion powder and chives. Little more involved than mozz.:)

I love cream cheese. I have not looked into cheese making. Can you make cheese for less than just going to the store and buying it?

The reason for the question is that I did look into ice cream making and if you use fresh ingredients (fruit etc.) you can not save money. You can only make it with exactly what you want in your ice cream.

Recipe?

I love cream cheese. I have not looked into cheese making. Can you make cheese for less than just going to the store and buying it?

The reason for the question is that I did look into ice cream making and if you use fresh ingredients (fruit etc.) you can not save money. You can only make it with exactly what you want in your ice cream.

Recipe?

It was probably the same or a tad cheaper to make it. I haven't priced it out yet. But the store bought stuff has lots of not good stuff to make it last longer so even it costs a little more to make, I'm ok with that for fresh stuff.

Awesome! Can't wait to try cheese making. Any tips or lessons learned for cream cheese?
It's a lot of fun. I went to cheesemaking.com and got the proper culture and rennet then follow their recipe. I did that with their recipe for quick microwave mozzarella a few times and made pizza with it, it was unbelievable. Gotta do something while the beer is fermenting.:rockin:

It's a lot of fun. I went to cheesemaking.com and got the proper culture and rennet then follow their recipe. I did that with their recipe for quick microwave mozzarella a few times and made pizza with it, it was unbelievable. Gotta do something while the beer is fermenting.:rockin:

Just checked out cheesemaking.com. I will be doing this soon!

Beer - done
Cheese - next
Wine - right after that
Cider - some day
Mead - some day

Just checked out cheesemaking.com. I will be doing this soon!

Cool, let me know if you need any help. Others sometimes freak out over what milk to use. I just use regular cheap whole milk (not ultra-pasteurized) and it works out good.

Anyone else try this yet? I just made my 3rd batch and it turned out great. Won't be buying store bought anymore, this is way better.

Back