Espresso vs. Cuban Espresso

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Adding sugar during brewing is all Cuban Espresso is right?

There is a guy in the office who preaches that Cuban Espresso is richer in caffeine / coffee extracts so it picks you up much stronger than a regular Espresso. I thought and from all I've read after the 40 time of him saying it is it's just mixed with sugar, no technique different.

I've haven't heard of any difference either. Some places don't even mix the sugar with the grounds, because that reduces the amount of coffee you can put into the machine. But, you have no more chance of convincing him that prying a glass carboy out of a believer's lacerated hands.

No more caffeine. That doesn't even make sense. I prefer regular espresso, but have been known to put a pack of "sugar in the raw" into the machine.

Technically, there is less caffine per serving of espresso than a regular cup of coffee. I guess if you were to drink 8 oz of espresso, thats a moot point...

Yeah, and bock bier comes from the one time a year that they clean out the vats.

There is so much beverage misinformation out there that it isn't even funny.

Back