Ready by April?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petie

Reaction score
I've never made mead but I've been brewing beer for about a year and a half. My question is if I start a mead next weekend will it be ready to drink by April.
He wants it for the first episode of game of thrones.

there's a thread on here about quick meads, but I think if you keep abv at or about 12% you can use a high floc ale yeast with good results

With proper nutrients and aeration I think it would be ready in time. Make a simply recipe without a bunch of complexities.

I'm new to mead as well, but I have a JOAM that I started in early September currently aging. It already passes the "read a newspaper" test and my latest sample was already delicious. I'm going to wait to bottle until January, though. With similar luck, you should have a nice, basic mead in plenty of time for April.

Here's the recipe I used: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/joes-ancient-orange-mead-49106/

Back