Homebrew as a promo item?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choadne

Reaction score
hey there. I have a small screen printing business in Northern Indiana. I was just wondering if I could give away bottles of my homebrew as advertisement like a business card. This would be pretty cool I think. Especially if I could write off some of my hobby.

Check with your state's liquor authorities. The laws vary widely in a situation like you are asking about.

^What he said. But honestly, probably not. Generally, the laws allowing homebrewing are pretty clear that it is to be for your own consumption, with some specific allowances for competition etc..

As referenced above, homebrew laws stipulate that it is only legal for personal consumption, not for commercial purposes. There have been others on here that have asked about this, and try to talk through any loophole they can think of, but homebrew laws are pretty clear.

Back