Manifold for 10 gal round

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juggabrew

juggabrew
Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas/designs for a manifold for a 10 gallon round cooler. I was looking at palmers square setup from his book. But I just saw on YouTube a round copper manifold. See link below

Would this work? Or is palmers the best option for efficiency

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a bazooka screen in mine and regularly get 80+% efficiency even on high OG batches.

Could you post a pic of the bazooka? Not sure what that is

Is it good for fly sparging?

Oh ok, I'll be fly sparging so prolly won't work for me. I may make my own false bottom with a 5 gal lined pail lid from my work. Here's a pic

image-1139004345.jpg

image-1008242513.jpg

image-3604077149.jpg

The blue top will be the bottom, I'll drill small holes and add a ss dip tube from the center attached to the valve via a coupling. It's 12" in dia. And there's a 1/4" indent for spacing. Should be perfect for only costing a couple $

False bottom is your best bet for fly sparging, but a well-constructed properly-spaced manifold works well too. Anything to reduce channeling as much as possible.

After realizing my OP will not work cause its not ss. I just bought a false bottom from eBay for $35. Can't Waite to use it. Now I have to figure out what parts to use to connect the 3/8" ss valve

Thank you all for your input

Back