Tao of Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petho

Reaction score
Is emptying a keg a good or bad thing?
On one hand it means that you need to brew more which is good but it also means that you are out of your favorite beer on a Friday night.

On one hand it means that you need to brew more which is good but it also means that you are out of your favorite beer on a Friday night.

So the question really is "Is emptying your favorite keg of beer on a friday night a good thing or a bad thing?", because I may have just finally emptied the worst keg of beer I've ever made, on a tuesday, which might leave me jumping for joy. :mug:

I'm usually happy because that means I can move on to something that has been sitting in the fermenter for some time that I have been dying to try. I actually start filling growlers and taking them to work to give away after a couple of weeks of tapping a keg just to keep my sock rotating, but I tend to brew more than I drink.

its a bad thing.

it means I have to walk outside, grab a carboy full of beer and bring it inside. Then I have to retrieve an empty keg from the basement fridge, wash it, sanitize it, fill it with the beer from the carboy, and take it back downstairs. Then I have to hook it up to the gas line, beer line and close the fridge door. Then i have to clean and sanitize the carboy and dry it.

then I have to wait about a week for the new beer to be carbed and ready to drink. so one of my 6 taps sits waiting for a week. sad.

the tao is not of beer, it is the tao of the brewer. I am lazy by nature and so an ampty keg is an unhappy brewer. my kegs should stay full forever

Latest posts

Back