New Center Inlet Chuggers and Camlocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msexton

Reaction score
OK, I just bought a couple new Chugger replacement heads with the center inlet. Apparently, this is 3/4 inch MPT. All of my hoses have 1/2 camlocks. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to set this up?

Can I get a male camlock with 3/4 FPT that will connect to my 1/2 camlock hoses or would I need a 3/4 FPT to 1/2 FPT (or MPT) reducer? If I need a reducer, does anyone know where I could get one in stainless?

Thanks,
Mike

i was thinking about getting the center inlet style, but opted not to because the cheapest way i could reduce to 1/2 mpt was after ~$20 pre shipping worth of adapters from mcmasters.

I have a little giant but it's the same deal 3/4" inlet. I used a 1/2" female X 3/4" female elbow and screwed the f camlock into the 1/2" side. If you don't want an elbow you can use a bell reducer 1/2 to 3/4.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Dutch, that is exactly what I was looking for. I even checked Bargain fittings must have missed this item.

Here is one in 316 stainless, a US company too.
I just ordered one.

Amazon Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back