First Batch Happiness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resq854

Reaction score
I just tried a bottle of my attempt at home brewing, an Irish Stout. It was an extract kit that came with my brewing set up. The wife bought this for me for my birthday, best gift ever! I bottled this stuff on 30 Mar, and event though it's still pretty new, it's great! Tastes just like Guinness, maybe a little more carbonation, but I'm happy with it.
Thanks to the members here, I've already brewed and bottled two more batches, a hard lemonade, and a strawberry wheat. The samples I pulled out of the bottling bucket were pretty tasty! I'm getting ingredients together now to try Cheesefood's caramel cream ale. Hopefully, I can do it justice. It will be the first batch I try that actually involves steeping. I'm still going to stick with the liquid extracts for a while, just to get more experience under my belt.
I'm thinking kegs might be in my forseeable future!

Congratulations on the brewing success. I hope the next batches get even better. Steeping isn't hard at all and will add to the brew. Kegs will come, then partial mash, then more equipment, then all-grain, then more equipment, then lagering, then more equipment...

A beautiful hobby isn't it? :D:mug:

We were already planning an addition to our house. The wife's already started calling the ATF room. I already had the layout planned for my gunsafes and reloading benches, now I'm going to have to add more shelves and storage for bottles and stuff. Hmmm, Home Depot has fridges...wonder if the wife would notice a small charge on the card "the must have made a mistake, honey. I ordered plywood. No, no need to return it, I'll try to find a use for it"
Naah. don't think it'll work.

Take it from me, steeping is easy! I steeped 2 batches and did a partial mash for 2 batches. All you have to do is throw the grains in grain bag and dunk it like a tea bag for 30 minutes (or whatever time the recipe calls for).

Congrats on your first batch!

Latest posts

Back