2012 Summer Suds in Savannah hb comp - Aug 31

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christo65

Reaction score
Sending out an early note about the Summer Suds in Savannah homebrew competition to take place Aug 31 & Sept 1 in conjunction with the Savannah Craft Brew Fest (http://savannahcraftbrewfest.com/index) over Labor Day weekend. All beer and cider styles will be accepted, plus again this year we will have a Special Category 29 "Low Country Ale/Lager".

Judges are needed as well and we should have a few Fest tix available either free or at a reduced cost for volunteers. Also working on t-shirts or Silipints like last year.

The entry window will be August 1-20 and cost is $7 per entry. Great prizes and ribbons to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place category winners. HUGE BOS prizes (last year 1st BOS was a $650+ 22-gal stainless conical fermenter from Brewhemoth!). The Best of Show beer will also be brewed at Moon River Brewing Company (eventually as schedule allows).

Visit http://www.savannahbrewers.com/summersuds.php for more info.

Cheers,
Christo

304167_10150309363423155_861512988_n.jpg

My key lime saison was the only beer I had ready and it took 1st in belgian specialty with a 45....cant wait for them to have score sheets ready

We'll be sorting prizes over the next week. Yes, the Low Country Ale will get something "big". Not sure what yet, but it will be big. Congrats to all!

Extract kit is hardly a 'big prize' for a competitive brewer =( Especially considering the grand prizes were so large. I guess I was hoping it was respectable in comparison.
I know it was a small bracket but because of the extra labor required to win the category (essay) was just kinda hoping for something useful.

Also my medal was lost apparently. :mad:

Latest posts

Back