Sport drink fridge for fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc8870

Reaction score
I have a "rock star " sport drink frig. I am looking to use this for fermenting mostly ales and the occasional lager. My ferm bucket seems to fit with airlock with a little room to spare. Would this be ok to use with a temp controller?

If so, would the johnson dial controller be ok? Where is a good/cheap place to purchase?

Thanks,

Mike

Ha! I just happened to see one of those the other day and thought "wow, it doesn't have the compressor bump at the bottom - what a perfect fermentation fridge!" Total beer nerd moment.

Anyway, I'm sure others will comment on the electronics. But sounds like you made a good find.

I use a rockstar and a red bull can shaped fridge. They work fine with a Johnson controller -- I have the digital models.

My frig doesn't have a dial for settings inside. Will this be ok just to plug in and set johnson control.

Back