Wheat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuyako

Reaction score
I really want to brew a wheat beer that is absolutly FANTASTIC! I know someone who states it tastes like grass (and if anyone has read the https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/so-my-brother-just-said-107196/ thread you'll know what I'm talking about) and again has forced me to prove said person wrong.

So anyway my question is for all you better than me brewers out there do you have amazing recipies for making a wheat style beer?

-Tsu

all grain or extract?

There are a lot of recipes in the recipe database

I usually do variations on EdWort's Bavarian Hefeweizen. Its a traditional Bavarian Hefeweizen comparable to Paulaner, Weihenstephan etc. You can order the all grain kit at Brewmasterswarehouse.com.

If you want to do extract, replace the fermentables with Wheat Extract to get the same gravity. Thats all you will need since wheat extract is usually a certain percentage mix of wheat and barley extracts.

Yeah, the term "Wheat Beer" covers a lot of brews.

Hefe, Dunkel, Bock, American, Wit, fruit wheats of all types, it is a pretty long list.

What kind of beer does your friend like?

Cool thanks, I'm not set up for all grain just yet but I'm to soon. So for now it's extract brewing!

Latest posts

Back