Half batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaximAvs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm so glad I found this forum. I wasn't much of a beer fan until I visited my local micro brew and brew supply store! Now my wife and I go every Friday!!
So I've been seriously thinking about brewing a batch of my own beer but I wanted to know if it is possible to brew half a batch or does that not work out very well. You know, just take a regular recipe and half it. Because I'm new to this I didn't want to brew 5 gal of cr@ppy beer only to pour it down the drain.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.
Thanks
Sean

Sorry guys. I should have done a more thorough search. I see this question has been asked and answered.
Thanks anyways. Hopefully my next question will be better.
Cheers
Sean

if its Aurora co i take it you went to dry dock and the brewhut. they are really great guys out there. a half batch takes just as much time as a full batch but half batches are easily done.

@jppostKW

Yes it is Dry Dock Brewing and Brew Hut! They make a great beer, and are a great bunch of guys!

Thanks for your comments!

Does the material the brew pot is made of make a difference in your boil? Like if the pot is stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, copper?

@revvy
Jeez. I've hit 2 for 2.

Maybe I'll come up with an original idea yet!!

Thanks for the info though!!

Sean

Back