Wine on tap. Age first?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyDoctor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/review/product/list/id/2200/category/292/

I'm a homebrewer and have made my first batch of wine (WinExpert Pinot Grigio, World Vineyard) and its now time to bottle. My wife mainly drinks boxes (e.g. Bota) and we like idea of having the wine in such a dispensing device.

My question is - the instructions on my kit said to let it "age" in the bottle for 1+ months. If I put wine in the bag now, I assume it will not age further. Should I bulk age it in the fermenter for another month before racking it to the bag system?

Thanks!

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/review/product/list/id/2200/category/292/

I'm a homebrewer and have made my first batch of wine (WinExpert Pinot Grigio, World Vineyard) and its now time to bottle. My wife mainly drinks boxes (e.g. Bota) and we like idea of having the wine in such a dispensing device.

My question is - the instructions on my kit said to let it "age" in the bottle for 1+ months. If I put wine in the bag now, I assume it will not age further. Should I bulk age it in the fermenter for another month before racking it to the bag system?

Thanks!

Aging is aging- the wine doesn't know what vessel it's in. I'd probably keep it in the carboy for a bit, only to keep me from drinking it too soon and having it gone before it peaks!

My first batch of wine was a semi-sweet/off-dry white kit and it tasted pretty good after about a month. I have my first red wine kit clarifying right now. I'm going to try to give that at least six months before tapping into it. I was actually quite surprised how good the white wine turned out. MUCH better than my first beer!

Latest posts

Back