If you hurry :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy4Rick

Reaction score
You can brew this Spiced Chrismas Ale and be drinking it for the Holidays

10 Lbs Maris Otter
8.0 oz Crystal Malt 120L
8.0 oz Caravienne Malt
4.0 oz Honey Malt
2.0 oz Roasted Barley
2.0 oz Special B Malt
1.75 oz Tettnang (FWH)
.50 tsp Irish Moss (Boil 10 mins)
1.5 tsp Cinnamon (Boil 5 mins)
1.0 tsp All-Spice (Boil 5 mins)
1.0 tsp Nutmeg (Boil 5 mins)
1.0 oz Willamette (Boil 1 min)
1 pkg WLP002 (W/Starter)
Mashed at 154*
154 OG, 1.010 FG

At 2 week in the Fermenter, soaked 2 tsp Cinnamon in 1 cup of vodka for 3 days, added to the Fermenter along with 1 cup of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey. :ban:

Waited another week and bottled it

Can't even begin to describe how good this is. The Nutmeg is coming through, All-Spice is hardly there, the Cinnamon (aroma and taste) is AMAZING

Rock On and to the Holidays :mug:

I don't think so. By adding it to the fermenter, you can add to your liking.

To me this is similiar to adding a Cinnamon stick to your hot tea, about the same flavor...

When I sampled it at 2 weeks, the All-Spice and Nutmeg were prominant, hardly any Cinnamon which is why I kicked it up a notch.

A buddy of mine brewed the same recipe, same day with me and he didn't change his from the base recipe and he said the same thing, Cinnamon was only a hit of aroma, very little flavor.

We just recently discovered the Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey and I thought, what the heck :)

Toy4Rick

Verdict is in. Took this over to a friends house and we all took a tasting, followed by drinking copious amounts of this brew. Turned out delicious. Perfect amount of cinnamon in the flavor and aroma. Body is excellent. Love the deep reddish brown color. Really fills me with thoughts of christmas. Very much enjoy this recipe and I'll be adding it to my winter brew list. Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Back