Sanke Keg Cleaner with Old Dip Tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musketear

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making a sanke keg cleaner, kind of like the one listed here, out of the old dip tube from your keg?

I think it would be pretty easy to drill two holes at the bottom for the pads, but mounting that massive top into a drill could prove challenging?

A dip tube would be a little large, but a cheap piece of steel round stock at 1/4" can be found cheap at most small and large hardware stores. But at 35$ is it worth spending 20+ to make one that would rust? Other then that it cant be hard to tack weld or jb weld 2 swing arms onto a long thin pole. Attach their $18 pad, or your own, and done. I might do it only because I have the stock sitting in my shop....but really for $35...

Well, I was thinking of sewing the pads. A couple pieces of felt (or something more durable if I can find it) folded back onto themselves, may a short metal bar or some nuts or something in the end for more momentum.... That would most likely bring my total to around $5.

Yeah, if your going to try to use the dip tube.. Not sure how your going to chuck it into a drill, or how well it will spin. I'd still spend the 35 and get one that will spin well and has the carboy/keg bung.. Or spend an extra 10 and get yourself some small round stock. Unless you really want to use the dip tube, and struggle with chucking it up, for me it just wouldn't be worth it. I also wouldn't sew the pads cause you'll need to replace or clean them sometime.

Back