Orange Honey Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwill69

Reaction score
Brewed this yesterday and im very excited might be my best yet..Smelled orangy and wheaty..I really was wondering what you seasoned brewers thought..and what style this falls under.heres what i used:
  • 6lbs. wheat dme
  • 1lb. crystal 40l
  • 1lb.carapils (dextrin)
  • 1lb. corn sugar
  • 24oz. orange honey
  • 1/2oz. sweet orange peel
  • zest from 3 tangalos and 1 orange
  • 1/2tsp corriander seed (crushed)
  • 1tsp Irish moss
  • 2 1/2tsp yeast nutrient
  • 2oz. Mt. Hood hopps (bittering)
  • 1 smack pak of wyeast 3942 belgin wheat
brew pal told me to use 3 packs of yeast...is that normal ..i still only used 1 fermentation has started just fine...i hit the target og it gave me of 1.070 (even with the small temp correction. dont pull punches ....tell me what you think:D

It'll probably be great but sounds like a high OG for a wheat to me. Maybe that's what you're going for. I try to keep my orange honey wheat around 1.050. I also use the wyeast 1010 so your yeast choice might be the key.

As to the amount of yeast, did you make a starter? With only one pack and a gravity that high I would have used a starter.

Let us know how it turns out!

no havent tried to do starters yet...maybe soon..what may happen..incomplete fermentation..stuck ferment..long ferment...

Back