Third Brew Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjking77

Reaction score
No real question here. Just a little bit of a rant.

Well, I just finished cleaning up my equipment from my third brew. This one was different then the first two. I think it has to do with the fact that I have gotten a new stove since my last brew.

I decided to try brewing three gallons this time (previous two brews were two gallons). The new stove did a good job of heating up the water to steeping temp. The problem I had was keeping it there. My temp got a little over 170F for a few minutes. I guess it will just take some time to get used to the new stove.

Anyway, then after I added my LME, I had the biggest hot break yet. I almost had a boilover, but I took the pot off of the heat just in time. :)

Then when adding my first hops, I accidentaly dropped some of the pellets onto the counter. No big deal, just frustrating. I picked them up and threw them in. The counter was clean and I figure the hour boil would get rid of any nasties.

Luckaly, the rest went smoothly. Like I said I just felt like ranting a little.

Have a good day!

Matt

mjking77 said:
I almost had a boilover

Anyday without a boilover is a good day. If I ever had a day where all I did was drop a couple of hops the SWMBO would be :ban:

You should see our stove after boilovers. Yeck.

Latest posts

Back