Show us your brew kettle snd mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomtanner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Finishing up my brew stand and am looking for inspiration on finalizing my mash tun and boil kettle. Who has something cool to share?

I have one of these on the way

MT30TW-RF-BO-legs-2.jpg

diS said:
MLT

Inside MLT

BK

Inside BK

Wow that is sharp! I hadn't thought of cutting slits in the disc like that instead of drilling holes, great idea bro.

So tell me about your bk. why did you design it this way?

It is most common way: 2 valves, bottom one for drainage and upper valve for input.

Inside it has elbows for recirculation (although I changed input pipe and position it vertically so cool wort is running on top- to avoid circulation of cool wort since output valve is near input, as you can see on pic).

Other than that, it has sight glass mounted on T connection (just to avoid drilling another hole).

Meanwhile, I made little upgrade on MLT- 4" RTD probe to monitor mash temperature (positioned under the center of keg).

diS said:
It is most common way: 2 valves, bottom one for drainage and upper valve for input.

Inside it has elbows for recirculation (although I changed input pipe and position it vertically so cool wort is running on top- to avoid circulation of cool wort since output valve is near input, as you can see on pic).

Other than that, it has sight glass mounted on T connection (just to avoid drilling another hole).

Meanwhile, I made little upgrade on MLT- 4" RTD probe to monitor mash temperature (positioned under the center of keg).

Did you take any pics of when you built that false bottom? That's awesome and I have three of those discs left to use and I think I would like to try that.

Can't see my whole set up but here is my HLT...brew kettle is a twin of the HLT.

Here is my mash tun

Here is my CFWC in action

Not exactly what you are looking for...but I think it is pretty cool all the same.

I am actually brewing an IPA right now, so here it is in action (Kal Clone with PLC/HMI Control)

Here is the HLT, MT and BK:
2c7a81cc.jpg

The MT during fly sparging:
5e7f0cff.jpg

The BK being filled with Wort:
b43a4df6.jpg

The HMI (and a Tatuaje Drac)
ac6d2c53.jpg

E-Mursed said:
Can't see my whole set up but here is my HLT...brew kettle is a twin of the HLT.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l536/jmartin000/First AG Brew/?action=view&current=photo9.jpg

Here is my mash tun

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l536/jmartin000/First AG Brew/?action=view&current=photo6.jpg

Here is my CFWC in action

http://s1122.photobucket.com/albums/l536/jmartin000/First AG Brew/?action=view&current=photoCFWC.jpg

Not exactly what you are looking for...but I think it is pretty cool all the same.

Looks good!

wubears71 said:
I am actually brewing an IPA right now, so here it is in action (Kal Clone with PLC/HMI Control)

Here is the HLT, MT and BK:

The MT during fly sparging:

The BK being filled with Wort:

The HMI (and a Tatuaje Drac)

Very sharp man!

Did you take any pics of when you built that false bottom? That's awesome and I have three of those discs left to use and I think I would like to try that.

Not exactly when I cut slices but that doesn't matter, slices are made with grinder (1 mm disc), this is how I made connection with valve:

p3160272.jpg

p3160277.jpg

Gap between copper pipe and kettle bottom is ~1/2", and MLT dead space is 0.5 cups:

p3160291.jpg

You can see more pics on thread @my sig.

diS said:
Not exactly when I cut slices but that doesn't matter, slices are made with grinder (1 mm disc), this is how I made connection with valve:

Gap between copper pipe and kettle bottom is ~1/2", and MLT dead space is 0.5 cups:

You can see more pics on thread @my sig.

I'm doing this someday. So just copper? Did you need to use Teflon or anything else to get it all connected?

I move the BK (bottom left) to the counter and put a Koozy on it before boiling on 3500W induction plate. HLT (top) has a 3000W element with thermostat control. I have a Koozy for that too, but haven't had the time to fit it to the pot yet. Set up is not exactly the way I want it, but getting close. Still haven't worked out all the bugs in the EMLT. All three stainless pots are 15 gallons. Currently doing 7-8 gallon batches.

Brewery04.jpg

Tomtanner said:
Nice work man. Are those quick disconnects?
Thanks tomtanner,
Yea got them on the keggles and on end of the tubes. Wanna put them on the pump end too but don't needum yet. Still need at least one more burner (pain in the @$$ moving the one around:)), and a measuring device.

I'm doing this someday. So just copper? Did you need to use Teflon or anything else to get it all connected?

The is no need for teflon tape since copper is soldered.
It is pretty easy, there are plenty videos on youtube on how to solder copper pipe.

Back