Hello from Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PortlandPatrick

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm Patrick, fairly new to Portland, and completely new to brewing.

When my father-in-law heard I wanted to brew some of my own, his eyes lit up and he offered his pile of books and equipment from the late 60's/early 70's for me to use. It's fun to see his receipts from so long ago, when everything cost under a dollar.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to read the stickies and search the forums before I ask any stupid questions (which I'm sure I'll do... apologies in advance).

Cheers!

Greetings! I bet those old books will prove pretty interesting! However, be aware that homebrewing "science" has evolved much in the past 20 years, and especially the past 5-10. Some of what you read in an old book might be outdated. Still, Papazian has very solid information in his books and they are pretty good reads anyway.

Homebrewing is a very fun and rewarding adventure. If you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help. And we do accept gifts of homebrew as recompense...

Back