• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Want to trade hops (new sealed 1 lb bags)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetcell

Protruding Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i currently have an over-supply of styrian bobek, vanguard and palisade hops and i'd like to diversify my supply. these are Hopunion hops, the bags are sealed and are sitting in my freezer. these hops are in the same state as ones you'd get from a shop or through an online order - new & untouched.

i would like to trade my one-pounders for your sealed, one-pound bags. i have a preference for any hops that begin with a "C" (cascade, centennial, chinook, CTZ, etc) but i'm willing to entertain all offers.

thanks!

edit: forgot to mention that all my hops are pellets, in case that matters.

edit2: vanguards traded, so no longer available.

I have a pound of Cascades I would be willing to part with. What types of brews are Styrian Bobek used in?

I have a pound of Cascades I would be willing to part with. What types of brews are Styrian Bobek used in?
Bobek is very similar to Styrian Goldings, which in turn are very similar to Fuggles - so they tend towards the noble family. they are descendents of Northern Brewer. intense, pleasant and slightly 'piney' aroma. "Most commonly used in English and Belgian-style ales" according to most sources, i've also seen specific mention of porters & stouts. relatively high in beta acids.

I'll wait to see if the OP is interested before I entertain any other offers.
i'm interested - PM sent! i'm out for the evening, so i'll reply late tonight or tomorrow AM.

sounds like a number of us are interested in this trade-to-diversify strategy. start sending some PMs to each other!

Back