Pressure increasing all on its own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwb96

Reaction score
Got a problem, looking for some help. Couldn't find a thread through search . . .

I've kegged about 5 batches so far with no problems with my current rig. All were done at cellar temp. I just got a freezer and while waiting for my manifold, just put the CO2 tank in with the keg to get some cold beer pouring. The keg had been force carbonated at 30+ at cellar temp first, then went into the 38deg freezer. I set the regulator to 12psi and bled off excess pressure. A few hours later I was checking on it and the pressure gauge read 50+ psi, so I bled it off. But it keeps crawling back to 50+ (but hasn't gone beyond that).

I installed my manifold and moved the tank outside the freezer yesterday, and the same thing happened again. What's going on? Is the regulator faulty? Do temp swings cause an issue?

Thanks,
Jim

Sounds to me like something is wrong with the regulator. Rarely, but occasionally, they don't get assembled properly and can creep like that.

At the most, you should only see a pound or two of creep until you learn how to make minute adjustments.

Latest posts

Back