Where to find plastic fermenter for wine kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randar

Half rib short of a full rack
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you guys find your "garbage can" fermenters for wine kits and the like? I have larger scale stuff (30 gallon Brute) but nothing in the smaller range for a wine kit that requires an ~8 gal bucket/fermenter.

Also, how important is the "lid"? It won't be air-tight so is it more just for ensuring things don't fall into the primary or does it serve some more significant purpose in the wine making process (yes, I am a wine noob).

TIA!

I'm pretty sure Austin Homebrew Supply sells 7.9 gallon plastic buckets...

Well, of course I could find something like this at a homebrew shop and especially online one, but I am not going to pay 7 or 8 bucks shipping for a bucket.

I guess I should have been more specific. Where can I go to snag somethign that will be effective while running errands at lunch?

Try a U-Vin store. They generally sell off their old used primary fermenters that are still relatively new and in good condition.

They gave me one for free when I bought my wine kit.

Latest posts

Back