One thing im just not understanding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcw203

Reaction score
Alright here comes the dumbest question of the month from me but I am going to ask it because I want better beer. How long should I be waiting to bottle and how long should I be carbonating my bottles. Last but not least if I want to drink my beer faster should I keg.

I wait at least 3 weeks to bottle. I wait another 2 for carbonation. I have been brewing for years and have no plans to keg my beer. I enjoy the portability of bottles.

First question; 3-4 weeks
Second question; 3-6 weeks minimum
Third question; Yes!

Helpful hint.. anytime you have a question enter it word for word on the search bar on the upper right hand side of the main page on this forum. You will find that most of the questions you have are already discussed on this forum in multiple threads.. :mug:

Fastest homebrew drinking will be from kegging and force carbonating. With 25PSI in a 40 degree environment, it will be drinkable in 3 days......now, clarity won't happen for 2-3 weeks and many styles need longer aging times to be their best (stout, porter, barley wine, lagers). But a fresh IPA is better the younger it is.

What Stauffbier said but I would add that patience makes your beer a ton better. Yes you can keg and drink it faster but I would recommend whether you are kegging or bottling to just buy some beer until yours is ready. Once you have played the waiting game and your beer is just begging you to drink it you will be deliciously rewarded for your patience.

Latest posts

Back