Chiptunes (8 bit music for those unfamiliar with "chiptunes")

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a bit of us are nerds. In fact we pretty much all nerd over beer. This however is a thread for fans of chiptunes, chip music or 8 bit music.

Here's an artist by the name of Bit Shifter.

I really dig this music. I always loved the music from my NES and I'm not sure why, I'm just drawn to it. Because of this I started writing my own 8 bit music.

And here's a hip hop artist who has permission from Capcom to use Mega Man music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were pretty sweet, did you do the third and fourth clips? All the different games and music brings me back to my heyday of playing video games.

Ryan

Nice, dfc. That sh*t will melt faces, man!! Lovin' the speed metal/punk tempo...great for ampin' your fingers up to pound those A & B buttons. Lots of classic screenshots...It was nice to see some RC ProAM and Double Dragon action...almost forgot about those guys...where's the Bayou Billy??? Heh.

Up up down down left right left right B A start

Thanks. There's a whole scene out there of people doing this. It's very underground, but it exists. If you guys are interested check out the documentary called "Reformat The Planet". It's pretty cool.

I'm going to start performing this stuff with live drums after I'm done writing my album. I've got 4 or 5 more songs to go and I'll have about 35 minutes of material that I'm going to release.

Back