First Brew...not bad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

408IPA

Reaction score
Cracked open a bottle last night to try it out, even though it had only been bottled for one week so the carbonation was low but it tasted decent! To be honest I am surprised at how easy this was, using an extract kit with specialty grains isn't hard at all. Next step mini-mash!

Oh ya brewed an English ale named "no fail pale ale" gotta love the name cheers!

congrats! brewing is a great hobby because it can be as easy or as hard a you want it to be. if you do end up going to partial mash or even all grain, you'll find that that can be pretty easy too!

ya too be honest I was a little worried because my temps were 10 degrees off at times but it still turned out good, it seems like home brewing can be forgiving.

I was looking into mini mashes and ran into BIAB...I have all the equipment necessary what do you guys think? From what I've been reading it looks like I might as well just jump into that considering it doesn't look any more difficult than a mini mash.

ya too be honest I was a little worried because my temps were 10 degrees off at times but it still turned out good, it seems like home brewing can be forgiving.

I was looking into mini mashes and ran into BIAB...I have all the equipment necessary what do you guys think? From what I've been reading it looks like I might as well just jump into that considering it doesn't look any more difficult than a mini mash.

Mini mash and biab aren't much harder that an extract with grains brew. Much more time consuming, but no harder. And $hit, we brew cuz we love to, why not spend more time doing it?!

i say if you have the time and equipment do all grain (or BIAB samething). its gonna be just as easy as partial mash (you still have to mash, just with more grain). and really not much harder than extract. the hardest part for me is the extra time (kids), but i still manage.

Back