question about making a starter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wormraper

Reaction score
ok, gonna start off with a simple Hefeweizen as my first batch and am using liquid Wyeast 3068. from what I've gathered I need to create a simple starter for this sucker.

I glanced at a few threads on HOW to make a starter but it didn't mention one thing. when using the 1/2 cup of dme to create the starter do you used that 1/2 cup from your (in my case) ingredient kit or do you just go out to the LHBS and grab a cup or so of dme to keep on hand for starters? (basically do I cannibalize my ingredient kit for the starter or is that measurement separate)

ok, cool, I 'll have to hit up the LHBS before my ingredient kit from Norther brewers comes in. seems pretty simple , 1/2 a cup of DME with about 2 cups of water and store in a growler after boiling the wort covered in foil or saran wrap

wormraper said:
ok, cool, I 'll have to hit up the LHBS before my ingredient kit from Norther brewers comes in. seems pretty simple , 1/2 a cup of DME with about 2 cups of water and store in a growler after boiling the wort covered in foil or saran wrap

You got it. Don't forget to pitch the yeast. ;-)

And swirl it around whenever you walk by it.

Latest posts

Back