Whathca think 'bout this grinder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MriswitH

Reaction score
A gentlemen on Craigslist was trying to get rid of an adjustable grain mill and sent me a picture of this, asking $60.

Clicky

Does anyone have a grain mill like this or think this would work for grinding up grain? If so, think the price is worth it?

Thanks!

That is like one we had on the farm for grinding maiz or field corn. I don't remember how adjustable the one I used was but for $20 on ebay you can find a cornona style mill that some people swear by. I've even seen some that power their corona mills and wouldn't trade them for even Yuri's over the top roller mill. Well, I bet they'd trade their mill for Yuri's but his is truly a one of a kind that could probably crush granite gravel into sand.

We had one of those on my grandparents farm. I think runhard is right about it being able to crush granite into sand. That thing was a beast!

The one my grandparents had was as adjustable as my porkert (corona style) but the quality of the grinding disks wasn't as high so you definitely got a lot of flour regardless. Might be a fun collectible to have but I think if I was after a mill for brewing I'd either spend less and get a modern corona style, or spend a little more and get a roller mill.

Here's what I think.

I swear by it. For another $60 or so, it's SO worth it. With a 1lb hopper, you'll be cursing yourself for not spending more on a BC or crankandstein. But if $60 is all you got, then...I guess go with the new corona from morebeer.

Latest posts

Back