Buying cheap drip trays...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent tried it yet but i have looked at drywall mud pans. You can get a 12" stainless for $13

Look for a wood chip smoker box from Lowes. I think it's about $11 or $12

chip-smoker-500.jpg

Put some old hard drive magnets on the back

jetmac said:

That is what I did, perfect for 3 taps.

chip-smoker-500.jpg

I got one of those. Need to finish it, but I cut a large opening in the top and am installing some black mesh to replace the large holes. Probably going to use hard drive magnets on the back as well.

OT - sounds like a large truck is going by, but it's just a sudden downpour...

Here is what the smokebox looks like with magnets..I took the lid off and flipped around. I bought mine for $9.56 each

Those are my $7 chalkboard tap handles too

image-1328065056.jpg

image-3843166300.jpg

image-647566422.jpg

+1 to the drywall mud pan. No modification needed, hung it to the side of my Keezer with strong magnets. Just throw it in the dishwasher when you want to clean it. They are so tall, they might not be the best if you have a tower setup though.

+1 to the drywall mud pan. No modification needed, hung it to the side of my Keezer with strong magnets. Just throw it in the dishwasher when you want to clean it. They are so tall, they might not be the best if you have a tower setup though.

I tried the mud pan...the problem with the magnets is that the mud pan I could buy was angled and couldn't sit flush against the kegerator....I attempt to make something that it would sit on...but once I found the smokebox I was sold on the look

How do you open the freezer without removing 4 handles?
Here is what the smokebox looks like with magnets..I took the lid off and flipped around. I bought mine for $9.56 each

Those are my $7 chalkboard tap handles too

Birdmanbrewing has good prices on the stainless drip drays. Got the 12"x5" for <$30 + shipping, perfect size for two taps. A lot of places have a much higher prices on these.

Can't you open the fridge door before opening the freezer portion??

You can.. but people forget or don't notice. I had the same problem with the freezer. I screwed on a bracket to the bottom of the freezer door that over hangs the fridg door. I can open the fridge door without opening the freezer but if I open the freezer it pulls the fridge open too.
:mug:

You can get them from taking apart old or broken (or new ones if you want to waste money) hard drives from a computer. They are just very strong neodymium magnets that you can get many other places... I just had a pile of old drives to get rid of so I took the free route

Amazon has this smoker box with eligible prime shipping (if you're in a hurry) which looks like the original one posted in this thread. I might pick it up. I've got a two-tap tower and need a lower profile drip tray. I was using two PVC drains stuck on PVC end caps, but they sit really high and you can't get a glass under there straight-on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back