muntons Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdog2512

Reaction score
Hello all,
My local LHBS is going out of business and I picked up a few items. My problem is I can't find any recipes for the products. Some of the products I can't even find online, so I have no idea how old they are.
Here is what I picked up, all Muntons products.
1- 3 lb bag hopped light DME
2- 3 lb bags hopped dark DME
2- 3.3 lb cans dark LME
2- 3.3 lb cans wheat LME.
I've been on the Muntons web site and found no info on recipes. It looks like the cans may be no boil, I'm not 100% sure. Anyone have any experience with these products. Any recipes or links to recipes with these products would be greatly appreciated. Also I am familiar with steeping grains and partial mashing and have access to any other ingredients, hops, yeast etc.

Thanks.

The 'hopped' DME doesn't need to be boiled, since the hops are already in it. The LME can be used in any extract recipe you'd like.

Have you taken a look through the recipe section here at HBT? If you go to the main page and scroll down, you'll find lots of different recipes. You'll want to look at extract recipes and you may have to adjust the recipe for your 'hopped' DME.

And welcome!

Ok. I was under the impression the DME had to be boiled. Found a few recipes that might work. Thanks.

Back