People Actually Like My Homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raceskier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My ski club did their first 'summer' barbeque last night. I was the host for the event. I had brewed up an ESB to let people try, along with the beer and wine the club usually puts out. They had Sam Adams, Newcastle, SNPA, Stella, Corona and some BMC's.

Well, my corny got emptied and most of the other beer just sat in the coolers. It was the first exposure to homebrew for most of the group. Some people wouldn't believe me when I told them it was homebrew. I showed the curious ones some of the gear I use to brew. Maybe I'll cultivate a couple new brewers.

I have given samples of my other brews to some other friends before. I've gotten mixed reactions. Most people like the mild, easy drinking beers. I've gotten some strong negative reaction to my highly hopped DIPA. I guess as the more adventerous of us beer drinkers try new and different beers, we forget that most beer drinkers just want things familiar and simple. Anyway, I was just stoked that this one went over so well.

BassBurner said:
No! You made the biggest mistake a homebrewer can make. Sharing! Now you can't hoard it all for yourself.

but you might be able to get the ones that come by looking for more beer to pitch in on the ingredients

No no, bassburner, you have it all wrong. If he shares it, that means he just *has* to make more to fill the empties. It's a tough sacrifice, but it's for the greater good.

Besides, if he converts people to homebrewing, then he can snag some of theirs for his own use. muahahaha

Been there! Mixed blessing...I have friends that get upset when they come over for a pool party and the kegs are empty. "When you gonna brew dude?" "Whenever you Miller Lite drinkers come over to help me with the janitorial duties of the home brewery!"
Still, nothing beats the pleased shock of the first time HB drinker when they savor
my Bad Dog Vanilla Honey Cream Ale. I make mellow creamy brews for the general public, and a dark, hoppy, badass, Jersey Devil Ale for me and a select couple of
fellow fearless quaffers.
Making water into beer...it's magic, man.

Back