Son of a ***** brew day (cream of 3)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
Thought the day was going great, except for missing tempreture by hitting 148 instead of 151 and having to dump the grains to put my braid back in after knocking it out.

Boil went awesome, little foam over here and there but nothing more than foam, no wort going over.

Then cool down time. 2 minutes after kicking the flame off I get hit with a torrential downpour. Had to do the entire cool down under my porch instead of on my top pool step.

Other than the mess ups I spent 2.5 hours in the pool with my 10 year old future brother in Law playing Horse.

Out to check the whirlpooling wort.

Several firsts today.

1. First Wort Hopping
2. Whirl Floc
3. Being sober enough to type.
4. Whirlpooling
5. Something lighter than 6.

Next brew I'm going to go buy a Bayou 15 gallon kettle from Lowes for 99.99.

Other than the mess ups I spent 2.5 hours in the pool with my 10 year old future brother in Law playing Horse.

Its late-ish, I've had some refreshments, but i'm having a hard time getting my mind around this. Is the 10 year old your future swmbo's brother? Makes me glad I had my kidlets two years apart and then just stopped. :cross:

Of course, the better story would be if the 10 year old is betrothed to your sister in some sort of arranged marriage . . . .
:ban:

And getting a huge pot was one of best investments I made - its easy when you've got plenty of room.

Back